Wednesday 12 December 2007

I thought I'd best kick off with some interesting hands I have played recently. I must mention the hand that did me in last night's league game. I lost a chunk of my chips with a J9s blind steal from the button (blinds 600/1200, avg 13k, I had around 18k) only to find SB holding AQs. I flopped top 2 but a K on the turn and a 10 on the river took the juicy pot away from me. She went on to win the game after that hand.

I was down to around 6k and the blinds were 800/1600 so I had to make a move. I increased my stack by 50% with an uncalled all-in whilst holding 89s and the very next hand had 99. I shoved hoping people might think I'm blagging and call with a raggy ace or low pair. My nemesis was sat to my left and called with A10s only to river a royal flush against me. At times like that, I hate poker.

I wandered home and the very first hand I was dealt online was A8. The flop? 888. Sahweet. The turn was an A and two players decided their nut full houses were the best hand. At times like that, I love poker.

Here is a collection of screenshots:

The very first game I played on Stars was this MTT which I took down

I have seen two community straight flushes before,
but in this instance I had a better straight flush. Don't
other poker sites offer bad beat jackpots for this type of thing?

I played the same tournie two days running.
I came 8th on day#1 and 3rd on day #2



No comments: